Word of the day: Garniture

I have a bit of a thing for words for elements of architecture, decoration and whatnot. Today I happened across garniture, “a number or collection of any matching, but usually not identical, decorative objects intended to be displayed together”, most commonly three matching pieces for a mantelpiece, e.g. a clock and two vases. And if you ever wondered about the word for towering ornamental crap on a table that you have to peer around (or blow to pieces with your trusty shotgun) to talk to the person on the other side, it’s a surtout de table.